Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Successful Country

When someone asked me if I was a Democrat or a Republican I told them I don't think I am either and that more importantly, I am a child of God and a believer and follower of Jesus Christ.

As for our country:

I believe wasteful spending needs end.
I want murder in the form of abortion to be stopped.
I want the poor to be cared for.
I want the hungry to be fed.
I want the poor and wealthy to be treated equally.
I want to pay for my family's medical insurance with my own money and I don't want to have to sell my house to afford it.
I want to make my own choices regarding my children and their health, religion, and education.
I want to end the use of chemicals in all of our food and household products.
I want the pharmaceutical companies to stop controlling the health industry, be closely monitored, and held accountable for their mistakes. (I am not against modern medicine; I just believe it is over prescribed and not always the best answer).

I don't have a very political history but I am developing stronger opinions and a better sense of what I feel needs to change in order for our country to become successful again.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds reasonable to me.

    I once registered Republican. I never changed that status, though I think I have dropped off the rolls.

    I have deep sympathy with prinicples reflected in both of the major parties, but I also have deep criticism of both of the major parties. Neither represent me. Neither makes unadulterated honor of Jesus. (Not that I am without sin, but at least I hold godly ideals!)

    And, in the end, both major parties seem way too interested in hating the other rather than loving God (or even country for that matter (though I see that as a distant second issue)).

    I will stand with Jesus and will not stand with the parties (either one). I give my allegiance to King Jesus and his Kingdom I seek first.

    I think your post is very reasonable. I want you and your family to live in a world where you can love God, take care of each other, enjoy peace with neighbors and foreignors. I will be praying for that.

    Blessings from Texas

    ReplyDelete