Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Monday

After a pretty good four day weekend, I woke up and it was today. Monday. A day of epic failure and great success. I woke up bright and early to get a jump start on my chores. My to do list included: tenderloin in crock pot, baked potatoes in another crock pot, fresh green beans from my new friend on the stove, homemade rolls, homemade ice cream, orthodontist at 3:00, get eggs, clean kitchen, catch up on laundry, clean bathrooms, do some school work.

Crazy list right? Well the crazy part is that almost everything actually got done. With the exception of all the laundry and only half of my bathroom (laundry is still going and the bathroom has been aborted until tomorrow... or the next day.... or when ever we get around to it).

So what was the failure? The rolls actually came out more like biscuits and my Honey won't touch them, we were late to the orthodontist so we had to be "worked in", my Honey was late for work and broke his new phone this morning so he has been in a horrible mood, and the kids have complained and cried all day with little or no naps.

My first attempt at "rolls" :(



Obviously the success is that my list was close to complete and dinner & ice cream were fabulous. We used our new ice cream maker for the first time and we were able to enjoy some delicious and healthy ice cream made with yummy fresh milk. I enjoy eating food when I know right where the ingredients came from.

Our new ice cream maker that we received as a gift last week

I'd like to keep going and tell all about my daughter's weekend on a mission trip with some great people from our church but I have to call it a night and hit the sac. I'll post about her trip soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment