Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Kitchen Day Plus Some Laundry

 
I like the idea of having specific days for specific chores. I first heard of this in the book Large Family Logistics. It's a great way to stay focused on whatever it is that you're trying to accomplish for that day. It also helps you to not neglect the same area or the same chores for weeks.
 
Yesterday was Tuesday which is kitchen day. On kitchen day we do a number of things like bake bread, freeze smoothies, freeze beans, soak nuts, make muffins, and lots of other things that dirty up the kitchen. We also work on chores in the kitchen like cleaning out and reorganizing.
 
Unfortunately we never finished laundry day on Monday. So Tuesday was pretty busy! I try to not get discouraged about cleaning when I fall behind on my chores. We did a lot of extra work on Monday because we cleaned out the winter bins and took 8 trash bags of unneeded clothing to the Hope Center for donation and some things to Mimi's Closet for consignment. That took up more time than I had expected. But our storage closet is well on its way to being decluttered and organized because of it. To be honest, I still have two loads of laundry left to finish today (Wednesday).

 

 
 
Here's our leftover laundry mess. The bedroom is anything but relaxing and the laundry room is anything but organized. But I got up, started my bread and rolls (yes that's them on the dryer rising) and got to work. I worked my butt off and still didn't finish, but we made progress. That's what life's all about, right? Progress! We get a little better with each day. A little smarter each year and eventually we become a little more like the person we want to be.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I still managed to have dinner ready to go in the oven before I left to pick up my csa box and milk. So when Curtis came home, all he had to do was turn the oven on. Some extra planning made the night a little smoother.
 
 
 
Food and clothing, food and clothing. That's what mom's do. This morning we're waking up to a little more food in the house, a little more food prepared for the week, and a little more clean clothes to dirty.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment