Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Our Family's Daily/Weekly Plan

 
Today was our first official full day of the school year. I thought I was ready, but when you have two little ones under two, I don't think you can really be "ready" for anything. But somehow we finished our work and we all survived, barely.
 
Reflecting on what went right and what went terribly wrong, I can now see that it probably went better than it felt like it did. I was stressed at first but it all worked out over the course of the day. It does help to have a plan to follow but I can't expect to follow the schedule, to the minute, 5 days a week. There is no way! So maybe we should call this a guideline for a schedule. But whatever we call it, it works pretty well for us. We've been following this plan for a while now but I only put it on paper today. Instead of trying to figure out what I should do, I decided to use what we already do. This is about the only way to fit it all in. Notice Mom is not on the plan? That's because I'm bouncing around from kid to kid meeting their needs, answering questions, checking chores, pumping milk, rocking & feeding babies, and cooking, cleaning & organizing where ever I can find time.
 
Day one is over. The house is still pretty messy and my husband saved me by bringing home pizza. Then after dinner and Bible time he took the three big kids and went for our CSA box and milk.
 
My plan probably won't work for every family but maybe it will help just one.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment