Thursday, August 29, 2013

Second Hand Goodies


For those of you that don't know me, I have four beautiful children. Actually, girls. I have four beautiful little girls. A 13 year old, a 6 year old, a 20 month old, and a 5 month old. These sweet blessings keep me on my toes but I think even more than that, they keep me on my knees.

Our family does not have the resources to purchase brand new clothing for each child, each season. Instead, we graciously accept hand me downs from friends and donations from grandparents, we shop second hand stores and swap clothing with friends & other family members, and then we search for those key items still needed to bring a wardrobe together. This year for example, Mary needs a good pair of black boots. She has a decent selection of warm clothing and nice pair of brown boots but no black. So I'll probably purchase them new and pass them down (if they make it through Mary) to the other girls. Mary rarely gets new clothes because she destroys everything. Before you go all feeling sorry for poor Mary, here are two recent clothing incidents.



Nice huh?

Taylor (13) is another story. We pretty much try to give her money or clothing for birthdays and Christmas because she prefers to try on her clothes and she's way too cool to let me shop for her. She pretty much buys all of her own clothes. I buy her under clothing and shoes but if she wants that cute shirt from Target she better break out her pocketbook.

Last week we stopped in at Mimi's Closet, our favorite local children's consignment shop and picked up a few needed fall and winter pieces. I also have my artwork from Journey's Creations displayed there so I use my credit from those sales for whatever we need. This trip was totally successful. I found everything here for under $50.
 
 
 
 
Gymboree Christmas outfit for Victoria (20 Months)
 
Old Navy snowman dress for Victoria
 
 
 
Pumpkin outfit for Victoria to wear on our field trip to the pumpkin patch this year
 
Play clothes for Mary (6)
 
 
 
Super cute Thanksgiving outfit for Mary (notice the Gymboree tags still on the jeans)
 
I love the turkey shirt!
 
And a few random play clothes from the 50 cent rack and some tennis shoes





I hope everyone is having a great week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment