Thursday, February 27, 2014

February Sewing Club

 
 Mary's book club has recently turned into a book and sewing club. I was a little unsure if Mary would be mature enough at 6 years old to handle a needle and thread and have the fine motor skills to sew. But I must say, I was absolutely AMAZED at the wonderful job she did. It made me feel like I may be underestimating some of her abilities. I still see her as my sweet little girl. Maybe I should have more confidence in her and what she's capable of accomplishing. I'm so glad we decided to join this awesome girls' club. I'm seeing Mary in a whole new light. I like her in this light. She is a special, unique person and I'm certain she will bring great things to this world.
  

 
This month the girls made hats out of sweaters. Mary learned the blanket stitch. She caught on so quickly. She had a blast and can't wait until the next meeting where they'll be making skirts!!
 
 
 
The finished product!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment