Wednesday, February 26, 2014

March Dinner Menu

I owe my family a big apology. February has not been my best month. I have slacked for sure. Really, the entire last half of the month has been a disaster. My meal plan never made it past the first week. That's right, I didn't even plan the last three weeks at all.
Every night has been it's own nightmare to end my unorganized day.
Next month will be different though. This month I'm ready. I've got my menu made early. My shopping list is started and our budget is in the works and I'm focused. Focus is the most important part. It's what keeps me prepared and motivated. I bet focus would work for my diet too..... hmmmmm. I'll have to think about that another day. One thing at a time. Menu!
 
Here is my dinner menu for March. Keep in mind that I've some how fallen backwards into survival mode again. I had to pick meals that were easy, cheap, and fast. I'm struggling to keep it all together but as usual, if I plan, then life will become less stressful.
 
 




5 comments:

  1. Don't forget leftovers....for ex. when you cook chili, it's easy to cook enough for 2 meals (or chili dogs). And if pot roast is big enough, maybe sandwiches or let's see...what did we call Troy's skillet? I can't remember, but he cubed left over roast with sauteed onion plus whatever veggies were left from the pot with the "gravy" and served it over toast. We love leftovers and they can really stretch a budget! I made menus for years but now Troy pretty much sets the menu and does lots of the cooking. Love you, Girl....praying for a Great Kizer March!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zep, I try to cook enough to feed all 6 of us, plus have enough for Curtis to take to work in his lunch the next day. If there's still some left after that, the kids and I will eat it for lunch too. With the exception of spaghetti sauce and chili (like you said). Spaghetti sauce I always try to save enough to freeze for lasagna and chili for chili fries and dogs. We think alike for sure :) I hate making menus but it saves me daily when I do. Saves time, money, stress, and makes me feel a little organized.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds like my February!!! I am halfway done with March's menu - first time I've ever tried making a menu for an entire month. I may steal some ideas from yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steal away! I've done better menus in the past. We are working our way out of survival mode :) and just trying to get everyone fed. haha

      Delete