Wednesday, February 12, 2014

This Week... No Make That Last Week


 
Monday was a long boring but still exhausting day. We had plenty of things to get done but we were all lacking the motivation to do them. It's been so unusually cold and gloomy around her lately. The kids are WILD and the house is trashed. School is getting done but it just seems to be adding to the stress. The babies have most definitely increased their crying and fit throwing times to at least double. We all desperately need to get out. But when you start your day by hanging up yours and your husbands pool towels that you had to use after your showers, you know it's a stay home and do laundry kind of day.
 
 
When I say it's been cold, I mean it! The trees were covered in beautiful ice when I went to let the chickens out. And right before I took these pictures I almost broke my neck slipping on that beautiful ice.
 
 
I still love winter! Even though I'm losing my mind :)




 
Saturday we got 4 new little hens. This will be there first laying season so we're excited to have some dependable layers around. I'm hoping maybe they'll encourage the older ladies to lay more.
 
Unfortunately the old ladies were not very kind to the new little girls :(
So we locked the new girls in the coop to eat and drink and avoid getting pecked by the mean old ladies. As you can see, they are not happy about being locked out. Haha.

 

 
 
Tuesday was no better. It was cold, long, and boring. We started plans for science & social studies projects. I worked on some lists and made some bread and granola bars (it was kitchen day).
 
 
By evening, I was done! Done with kids and cleaning. Done with school and crying. When I say done, I don't mean that I had completed anything. I mean the kind of done when you can't take it anymore. I couldn't wait to get into bed and just be still. When the time came, it was lovely. Peace.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment