Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Looking Ahead

When you're young and you have small children, it seems like everyone is always reminding you to savor each precious moment with your little ones. They tell you stories about their babies and how quickly they grew up. They miss their little ones and long for the good old days. Maybe they're lonely now that their house is quiet or maybe they feel regrets for not treasuring them as much as they should have or maybe they just enjoyed that time in their life so much that they wish it would have lasted longer.
 
I'm sure one day I'll be sharing the same words of wisdom with the young mothers I meet. But today I look ahead with joy. I feel like I DO enjoy every moment I can with my littles. I love them, treasure them, and give them my all everyday of my life. I love it. I wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't rush forward until they were grown. I love them little. But I do look forward to the next seasons in my life. I hope to enjoy each stage that this life has to offer. The stage of being trapped at home with babies. The stage of running around town with littles and bigs. The stage of weddings and grand babies. And most of all the stage of me and my Love being together without constant distraction. A time to nurture each other. It's so hard to find time for us when we're swarmed with so many needs from the littles. Babies are needy and we have two of them. They suck the life right out of me and repeat it the next day. I feel almost broken sometimes. Like it's not possible to get enough sleep, nutrition, or exercise to fix myself. The days are long, the house is trashed, the kids are wild, the husband is neglected.
 
 
So today I gain my strength from looking ahead to the lazy quiet days of a different season and I find comfort in knowing that God planned it to be this way. He created man and the seasons of man.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment