Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Bang and a Cough

 
The second week of school has come in with a bang.... and a cough :(
 
Monday morning we dealt with a broken dryer, a serious laundry backup, and I was eventually forced to iron school clothes (double sad face). By that afternoon, the Queen (Victoria) was coming down with a cold. That evening we had some unexpected school/homework confusion with Mary but it was nothing that a quick phone call to her teacher couldn't solve.
 

Monday after school hair.
 
Taylor had her first basketball practice after school. When I picked her up, she looked like she was about to faint, red faced and pale at the same time. I would have LOVED to take a picture to share but as you can imagine, she probably would not have appreciated that very much. And by bedtime, the Queen was sick. She slept in my bed and I snuck into bed with Paisley. I may or may not have cried on Monday.
 
But we persevered! We not only made it through Monday, we also made it through Tuesday. And you know what?! I have some of the best, most exciting news to share (and it's not my new floor, which I promise I will share soon). My van is HOME and FIXED! :) ! :)
 
 
I've been speculating about how much better things will get when I get my van back and I was way off. It's even better than I imagined! Life with four kids is nearly impossible without a minivan. At least for me and my family it is. Check out how happy the babies are about another trip to school in the truck :/
 
 
Thanks to an amazing friend I sucked it up and pulled my stuff together. I cleaned, painted a dresser, caught up on laundry, cooked a chicken for two dinners, made bone broth for the sickies, soaked oatmeal, made dinner, and I didn't cry once all day. It's obvious that we just need more practice living this busy schedule kind of life.
 
Of course, by Tuesday night we added another sick kid to the mix and I pulled what was extremely close to an all night'r last night. My first in a while. Surprisingly, today has been ok. I'm tired. But I'm making it. With a little extra support from my super sweet Honey and a lot of coffee I'm still hanging in here.

 
Tomorrow I tackle this disaster. 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment