Thursday, August 6, 2015

School Week Update & Babies Gone Wild

I know lots of people are wondering how school is really going for the girls this week. So here's a day by day update :)
 

On the first day, we were all pumped up and ready to rock! I was prepared with breakfast burritos, lunches made early, and everything was packed and/or laid out the night before. Taylor (15) woke up at 4:45 to shower and have a relaxing morning and Mary was dressed and ready almost an hour before it was time to leave. Later we noticed from pics on her teacher's blog that she was the only kid in her class with a light blue shirt on. Everyone else had navy blue. I still don't know why. Gran came to watch the babies so it was easy peasy for me!
 
After school, they were filled with smiles and happy stories. No first day homework so we opened presents, went swimming and had cake to celebrate Mary's 8th birthday.

 
 
I can't even remember what time they finally fell asleep but I'm sure it was too late. 
 
 
Day 2 wasn't quite as smooth. It wasn't bad but I didn't feel nearly as confident in my ability to get everyone a healthy breakfast and to school on time. I served cereal and did my best to pull myself together but on the way to school I realized my wet hair that I put up after my shower hadn't even been brushed! Not cool!! Getting the babies up and loaded in the truck probably didn't help anything. And they were NOT ready to get up!
 
 
 
After school  Mary was beat!
 
 
I had some stuff to drop off at a local consignment sale. Yeah I have a problem with Christmas clothes. I probably need help.
 
 
She was grouchy and exhausted. She did her homework and laid around. We laughed at her. A lot.
 
 
Bedtime time is unknown :/
 
 
Day 3 was somewhere between day 1 and day 2 but with more homework and some after school errands.  And church. I was more prepared but more tired too. I did manage to make breakfast for my honey before he left, which I've been acting like I'm going to do everyday :)
 
 
I'll tell you what I don't love is missing out on my relaxing quiet cup (or three) of morning coffee. I don't even have time to sit down.
 
Note to self: must work on squeezing in relaxing quiet cup of coffee.
 
Mary's bedtime was better. Taylor stayed up after church to do homework. I went to bed before she did is all I know.
 

 
Day 4. Forgot to wash Mary's shirts. Whoops :/ I don't even know how that happened but 5 am laundry is not fun. I have more shirts but they're being monogrammed. Another word to describe day 5 is "rainy".
 
The babies and I are enjoying the days together. It's like an episode of "babies gone wild" in here though. They're pretty much living in bathing suits and the living room has been a tent or fort every single day this week. You may need a visual so here you go.
 
 

 
 
I personally am enjoying nap time the most.
 
 
I can see great house cleaning progress in my future! I also have a million projects to finish and another list of projects to start.
 
All in all, the week is going well. Everyone seems happy, and tired, and there's nothing wrong with that!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment