Friday, August 14, 2015

It's Friday! SO How About a Cookie Recipe!

 
This school lunch business is really making me crazy. I don't mind them eating sandwiches and chips (that's what they ate many days homeschooling) but I can't handle or afford the little prepackaged snacks.
 
I'll admit it, I bought some. I was overwhelmed (like most parents) this first week and I caved. I didn't really feel bad about it either. But into the second week, as we were running out of lunch food, I felt like I could do better. Mary said that one kid had cookies and another had fudge rounds and a list of other things that I don't buy regularly.
 
I get it. They want sweets and junk food. So do I.
 
My last couple of batches of healthy sweet stuff haven't been very tasty so I needed to try something less drastic. My theory on food is "make good choices when you can, anything is better than nothing". So I made a batch of semi healthy chocolate chip cookies. They are no doubt better than pre-packaged desserts and they actually tasted really good. Yes, I ate three of them :(
 
Here's my recipe! Use what you have. Pretty much every ingredient is organic so I'll spare you and not put organic in front of everything.
 
Semi Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
 
 
1/2 cup shortening of your choice
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup oat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sucanat
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
 
 
Mix ingredients in order of recipe with an electric mixer. Then stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
 
 
Roll or drop (I did both and they both worked) onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Makes about 60.

 
 
Paisley approved!
 
 
 
Have a Super Happy Friday!!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment