Monday, August 10, 2015

Monday Stuff

Monday is kinda wonderful and kind of a bummer. Glad to get back to the new routine but the weekend seriously was not long enough. 

The babies continued to... we'll say adjust, over the weekend. I sure hope this adjustment period passes quickly. It turns out that my super sweet Paze is a full blown fit throwing toddler now. I know her sweetness will eventually win and she will come back to me. But for now, she stinks!
 
I seriously loved having my big girls home. They played and cooked and crafted.

 
 

Just like I expected, absence does make the heart grow fonder :)
  
 
I can't wait to share our floor project but I'm not quite done yet. We've finished painting the room, and installing, staining, and sealing the floor. When it's dry we'll get everything put back together and then share.
 
I was a little overwhelmed selecting the stain. I didn't have a real vision so I just picked something from the Paint N Paper Shoppe (one of my favorite stores) and went with it. I was going to do a white wash originally and then I considered a light blue stain but didn't go with either of those. Maybe tomorrow I can share. Maybe!

 

While I painted and stained all weekend, I brainstormed, as usual. For a long time, my heart has been deeply searching to find a cause to immerse myself in. But there are just so many needs out there, how can I know exactly where God wants me! And where will He be able to use me best? And how can I use my talents and interests to glorify Him? And how much time and energy am I willing to commit? Ugh! So many questions!

The needs of others are endless. Abortion, adoption, orphans, hunger, missionary work, poverty, politics, and so on. 

I want to mention that I'd love to hear any ideas that you all may have. My mind is all over the place. I know one thing is for sure, I'm happier when I'm serving God by serving others. Serving others feeds my soul. When God is using me to to do His work, it's brings a whole new perspective to my life. What a privilege it is to be His hands and feet. It's so easy to neglect His work for things that we think are important, but are actually meaningless. I'll keep praying and searching until the right thing comes along.
 

To serve is to love. Get out there and love! 


3 comments:

  1. If only more born again believers understood the same Holly. We are to be imitators of Christ, who came to serve (and He is the most High!) Our contentment and fulfillment is to be found in our service as unto Him.
    Ga 5:13-14 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
    For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

    I appreciate your candor and willingness to share a glimpse into your life and heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina, for your comment and for all of the information you gave me last week :)

      Delete
    2. AND for reading my little blog :)

      Delete